Skip to main content

No one in the world.




There are some songs that I love simply because of the memories they bring back to me.  I remember spending time with a family member, and it was my first time as an adult spending time at their home.  I got to know their spouse better and I ended up spending more time with them then I did with my actual family member.  We had a great time.  We watched movies, we ate good food and we talked.  This person began to open up and share some beautiful things about their relationship.

I could have listened to them share their experiences all night--and I sorta did.  Before we knew it hours had went by and it was too late for me to leave so it was decided that I would stay the night and plans were made for a big breakfast and more chatting.  I went to sleep tired but content and hopeful because I went to sleep full of beautiful love stories.





Well before morning came, I was woken up by loud music.  Anita Baker's "No One In The World" was playing loudly and it was on repeat.  Because it was not originally planned for me to stay the night, I ended up crashing on the couch and when I rubbed my eyes to better see there was the person that I sat with all night telling me these beautiful love stories.  They were up in the kitchen cleaning to Anita Baker and singing into the broom.  

By the second time of the song re-playing (since I'd fully woken up), that I was really focused in on the words to the song and how intently and passionately they sung it. I could tell that instead of that broom they were really seeing the person they loved and even in their imagination you could still see it on their face.



I decided right then that I couldn't wait until I felt that very feeling.  I wanted to sing in the kitchen to a broom about someone that "no one in the world" could ever compare to.


I look back on all those good timesWe once shared, and I must have been blindJust to think, I'd find someone newOne who'd love me better than youWell it may come as a surpriseLoneliness has opened my eyesI've tried every love I could findStill I can't get you out of my mind'Cause there's
No one in the world, to hold meNo one in the world's gonna move meNo one in the world can love me like you do babyEvery time I'm with someoneLoving you, yes I want to runI want to run back to your arms againAin't no one in the world (no one in the world)Loves me like you do
Are you happy now with your lifeWell for me, I'm breaking insideSo self-assured, that I could not seeI had it all when you were with me baby
No one in the world's gonna hold meNo one in the world can move meNo one in the world can love me like you do babyEvery time I'm with someoneLoving you, and I want to runI want to run back to your arms againAin't no one in the world (no one in the world)Loves me like you do
Please take me back (please take me back)Oh babe, I can't go on (I can't go on)I'm not happy in my life without youI'll do whatever it takesI've gotta get you back with me again (gotta get you back here again)I've realized I need you here in my life
No one, no one (no one in the world)Nobody loves me like you (no one in the world)(Like you do baby)(Every time)You've got the love that I needAin't nobody round here to love me
And no one in the worldIn this worldIn this worldOh (no one in the world)
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Kenneth Hirsch / Marti Sharron
No One in the World lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Asked Me To

You ever heard a song and it fit your current relationship story perfectly?  That's how it was when I rediscovered Patti LaBelle's, "If You Asked Me To."   LaBelle, released this song in 1989 from her album, Be Yourself . I remember hearing the Celine Dion version as well and falling in love with the song all over again.  Celine Dion is another artist who has hits! I love the way she covers Jennifer Rush's, " The Power of Love. " It wasn't until I was in my late 20s that "If You Asked Me To" began to represent a moment in my love life. I was dating a guy, and we were in the car driving to his family's house because they all lived on one block.  They would all gather together on the weekend to play cards and cookout and all the kids could play freely and random games would start, and it was a lot of fun.   I loved that he enjoyed spending time with his extended family, and I could see that his nieces and nephews really loved him and enjo

I Could Fall In Love

 I Could Fall In Love - The "Seductive Romantic Confessional" I became familiar with the American singer "Selena" Quintanilla after the movie about her life was released in 1997.  I remember watching it at home and being glued to the television from beginning to end.  While watching the movie I learned that this song was the first song to crossover into the American billboard and that she sung in English. I like this song because it is so relatable.  I believe that many of us have stumbled into relationships where we realize suddenly that there could be more, and it could be great but then you question should it be?  This song sings innocently about the first moments in love when all is new, and you are wondering what it could be.   I love how this song is described as a "seductive romantic confessional.  I would not have described it as a "seductive" until I translated the words that Selena speaks midways in the song.  "I'm always dreaming o

QCP Special-BET+ Ruthless "Nirine Brown" Lunch With Lynn interview with Coach Mechelle Canady- Phatabulous Magazine Columnist

Get ready for Press Pass a series of interviews with Tyler Perry’s Ruthless on BET+. Download the BeT+ app today and start watching the Ruthless series. Trust me it lives up to its name honey. The name says it all. Queen Connect publishing will release a series of interviews by columnist and editors of our magazines Phatabulous Duval Connect and Pasco Connect. We’ve teamed up with  Ruthless acts cares   Mercedes TV Magazine  to present a series of interviews with the cast of  Ruthless . This week stay tuned for a series of interviews with  Nirine S. Brown  who plays Lynn on the show. She is a triple threat in the industry not only has she made a powerful mark in acting she has a background in theatre and dance that’s landed her opportunities to work with Beyonce Coachella, Mary J Blige and many others. In these interviews Nirine discusses her route to the screen, working with Tyler Perry, some future roles she would like to play as well as the nuances of being black in the industry and