Skip to main content

Unlocking Your Inner Magic: Lessons from Dr. CC's Transformative Workshop

Unlocking Your Inner Magic: Lessons from Dr. CC's Transformative Workshop





Embracing M.A.G.I.C. at the "Leaning Into Your M.A.G.I.C." Workshop 



Happy Thursday, Queen Connect Readers!


On June 19th, I had the transformative experience of attending Dr. Christi Culpepper-Walker’s "Leaning Into Your M.A.G.I.C" virtual workshop. This event was a powerful reminder of the importance of self-empowerment, self-love, and showing up for oneself. 

It was designed to help women discover and lean into their M.A.G.I.C.—an acronym for Mannerisms, Attitude, Genuineness, Identity, and Core Values. These elements, she explained, are key to walking out our purpose with boldness and authenticity. 



Discovering My Own Magic 



The workshop was not just a series of lectures; it was an interactive journey of self-discovery. Dr. CC, as she is affectionately known, emphasized the critical message of showing up for oneself—a message that resonated deeply with many women, including myself. 

One of the most poignant takeaways for me was realizing that sometimes we need permission to shine. I’ve often found myself dimming my light due to fear and self-doubt. Dr. CC’s workshop was a wake-up call, encouraging me to embrace my own magic and step into my full potential. 


In our post-workshop interview, Dr. CC shared invaluable insights into the importance of having a strong social support system. Positive responses from those close to us can significantly influence how we perceive ourselves and our capabilities. This support helps us to think differently about our own worth and potential. It was a reminder that surrounding oneself with positive, uplifting people is crucial for personal growth and empowerment.




Dr. CC shared the inspiring origin story of the workshop. It all started with a simple yet profound conversation with a friend. As they were both approaching the age of 40, they began discussing their aspirations and what they wanted to achieve before this milestone.


Dr. CC expressed a desire to be free—free from societal expectations, self-imposed limitations, and anything that held her back. This conversation sparked the creation of the "Leaning Into Your M.A.G.I.C" workshop, aiming to help women everywhere discover their own paths to freedom and self-empowerment.


This year, I’m also looking forward to the Free Before 40 conference, held annually in Baltimore, MD. For those who cannot attend in person, there is a virtual entry option, making it accessible to a global audience. 




The conference promises a rich array of international speakers, coaches, and activities all centered around the theme of freedom. Attendees can expect engaging workshops, opportunities to shop from diverse vendors, and even wellness activities such as reiki and massage therapy. The conference will also feature a movement activity led by a wellness coach, along with music and a delicious lunch. 


Attending Dr. CC's workshop was a transformative experience that reinforced the importance of self-empowerment and the need for a supportive community. It reminded me and many others that it’s okay to shine, to embrace our magic, and to strive for the freedom to be our authentic selves. 


I encourage every woman to seek out these empowering experiences and to remember that we all deserve to live free and fulfilled lives. Stay tuned for more insights and reflections from Queen Connect, and I look forward to seeing you at the Free Before 40 conference! 




Free Before 40 Women's Conference In addition to the workshop, Dr. Christi announced an exciting offer for attendees. You can get a 40% discount on tickets to her highly anticipated 3rd Annual Free Before 40 Women's Conference, happening on July 20th in Baltimore. This conference promises to be a transformative event with international speakers, wellness vendors, mind-body-soul activities, and more. 


To take advantage of this discount, use the code "MAGIC" when registering at the [conference website](https://tinyurl.com/FreeBefore402024). Both in-person and virtual tickets are available, so you can join from anywhere! Dr. Christi also offered a free 30-minute consultation to dive deeper into mindset coaching and how to apply M.A.G.I.C. principles in a one-on-one setting. This is a fantastic opportunity to get personalized guidance on your journey towards self-discovery and empowerment. 



This event is a few days away and promises to help women of all ages walk in freedom, show up authentically, and boldly pursue their purpose. Mark your calendars for July 20th and secure your spot today! 


For more information and to register, visit the [Free Before 40 website] (www.freebefore40.com). Remember to use the discount code "MAGIC" to get your 40% discount on tickets. 


Attending the "Leaning Into Your M.A.G.I.C" workshop was a refreshing and empowering experience. It’s no coincidence that rest and reflection were emphasized, reminding us all of the importance of taking time for ourselves. 


As we move forward this week, let's find new ways to lean into our M.A.G.I.C. and continue on the path to our best selves. Stay tuned for more updates and insights from the Free Before 40 Women's Conference right here at Queen Connect. Let's walk boldly in our purpose together! --- For more articles and event coverage, visit Queen Connect Magazine’s online platform. Keep leaning into your M.A.G.I.C. and have an amazing week!




Candace Smith 

Queen Connect
















Subscribe Today for only $2 per month!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Asked Me To

You ever heard a song and it fit your current relationship story perfectly?  That's how it was when I rediscovered Patti LaBelle's, "If You Asked Me To."   LaBelle, released this song in 1989 from her album, Be Yourself . I remember hearing the Celine Dion version as well and falling in love with the song all over again.  Celine Dion is another artist who has hits! I love the way she covers Jennifer Rush's, " The Power of Love. " It wasn't until I was in my late 20s that "If You Asked Me To" began to represent a moment in my love life. I was dating a guy, and we were in the car driving to his family's house because they all lived on one block.  They would all gather together on the weekend to play cards and cookout and all the kids could play freely and random games would start, and it was a lot of fun.   I loved that he enjoyed spending time with his extended family, and I could see that his nieces and nephews really loved him and enjo

I Could Fall In Love

 I Could Fall In Love - The "Seductive Romantic Confessional" I became familiar with the American singer "Selena" Quintanilla after the movie about her life was released in 1997.  I remember watching it at home and being glued to the television from beginning to end.  While watching the movie I learned that this song was the first song to crossover into the American billboard and that she sung in English. I like this song because it is so relatable.  I believe that many of us have stumbled into relationships where we realize suddenly that there could be more, and it could be great but then you question should it be?  This song sings innocently about the first moments in love when all is new, and you are wondering what it could be.   I love how this song is described as a "seductive romantic confessional.  I would not have described it as a "seductive" until I translated the words that Selena speaks midways in the song.  "I'm always dreaming o

QCP Special-BET+ Ruthless "Nirine Brown" Lunch With Lynn interview with Coach Mechelle Canady- Phatabulous Magazine Columnist

Get ready for Press Pass a series of interviews with Tyler Perry’s Ruthless on BET+. Download the BeT+ app today and start watching the Ruthless series. Trust me it lives up to its name honey. The name says it all. Queen Connect publishing will release a series of interviews by columnist and editors of our magazines Phatabulous Duval Connect and Pasco Connect. We’ve teamed up with  Ruthless acts cares   Mercedes TV Magazine  to present a series of interviews with the cast of  Ruthless . This week stay tuned for a series of interviews with  Nirine S. Brown  who plays Lynn on the show. She is a triple threat in the industry not only has she made a powerful mark in acting she has a background in theatre and dance that’s landed her opportunities to work with Beyonce Coachella, Mary J Blige and many others. In these interviews Nirine discusses her route to the screen, working with Tyler Perry, some future roles she would like to play as well as the nuances of being black in the industry and