Skip to main content

Believe



People that are in recovery for alcohol and drugs are often encouraged to try rehab.  Depending on the severity of the situation, they are not encouraged sometimes they are required to go into rehab.  That is because they understand the importance of a new environment when it comes to the healing/recovery journey.  

"

Well, I know that I'll get through this

'Cause I know that I am strong

A rehabilitation center puts you in a different environment that maximizes your potential for recovery.  The new environment is key though.  It's so important to change it up in your life sometimes.  I have a friend that loves to change up her house furniture arrangements.  I swear I will go to her house one day and be blown away by her decor and then a week later I will return to be blown away again.  She loves to switch it up.



During a rough time in my life, she began to encourage me to switch somethings up in my environment.  I didn't immediately take her up on that suggestion, but life eventually made me do it anyway. My home had some plumbing issues, and several pieces of furniture was ruined.  I was forced to reset my entire room and that motivated me to do that to the rest of my house.  I immediately felt better, slept better and was in a better state of mind to create.  



Music is so powerful that it can create a new energy within you and around you.  I recognize this with Cher' song "Believe."  This song is a powerful anthem of reclaiming your power and of hope.  More than anything else you have to have hope if you want to change anything in your life.  Sometimes all you need is a few moments of feeling and experiencing that hope to transport you into a new way of thinking, feeling and being.



After love, after loveAfter love, after loveAfter love, after loveAfter love, after loveAfter love, after loveAfter love, after love
No matter how hard I tryYou keep pushing me asideAnd I can't break throughThere's no talking to you
It's so sad that you're leavingIt takes time to believe itBut after all is said and doneYou're gonna be the lonely one, oh
Do you believe in life after love?I can feel something inside me sayI really don't think you're strong enough, noDo you believe in life after love?I can feel something inside me sayI really don't think you're strong enough, no
What am I supposed to do?Sit around and wait for you?Well, I can't do thatAnd there's no turning back
I need time to move onI need a love to feel strong'Cause I've had time to think it throughAnd maybe I'm too good for you, oh
Do you believe in life after love?I can feel something inside me sayI really don't think you're strong enough, noDo you believe in life after love?I can feel something inside me sayI really don't think you're strong enough, no
Well, I know that I'll get through this'Cause I know that I am strongAnd I don't need you anymoreI don't need you anymoreOh, I don't need you anymoreNo, I don't need you anymore
Do you believe in life after love?I can feel something inside me sayI really don't think you're strong enough, noDo you believe in life after love?I can feel something inside me sayI really don't think you're strong enough, no
Do you believe in life after love?I can feel something inside me sayI really don't think you're strong enough, noDo you believe in life after love?I can feel something inside me sayI really don't think you're strong enough, no
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Brian Higgins / Steve Torch / Paul Barry
Believe lyrics © Bmg Rights Management (uk) Limited, Bmg Rights Management (uk) Ltd, Xenomania Songs Ltd, Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Asked Me To

You ever heard a song and it fit your current relationship story perfectly?  That's how it was when I rediscovered Patti LaBelle's, "If You Asked Me To."   LaBelle, released this song in 1989 from her album, Be Yourself . I remember hearing the Celine Dion version as well and falling in love with the song all over again.  Celine Dion is another artist who has hits! I love the way she covers Jennifer Rush's, " The Power of Love. " It wasn't until I was in my late 20s that "If You Asked Me To" began to represent a moment in my love life. I was dating a guy, and we were in the car driving to his family's house because they all lived on one block.  They would all gather together on the weekend to play cards and cookout and all the kids could play freely and random games would start, and it was a lot of fun.   I loved that he enjoyed spending time with his extended family, and I could see that his nieces and nephews really loved him and enjo

I Could Fall In Love

 I Could Fall In Love - The "Seductive Romantic Confessional" I became familiar with the American singer "Selena" Quintanilla after the movie about her life was released in 1997.  I remember watching it at home and being glued to the television from beginning to end.  While watching the movie I learned that this song was the first song to crossover into the American billboard and that she sung in English. I like this song because it is so relatable.  I believe that many of us have stumbled into relationships where we realize suddenly that there could be more, and it could be great but then you question should it be?  This song sings innocently about the first moments in love when all is new, and you are wondering what it could be.   I love how this song is described as a "seductive romantic confessional.  I would not have described it as a "seductive" until I translated the words that Selena speaks midways in the song.  "I'm always dreaming o

QCP Special-BET+ Ruthless "Nirine Brown" Lunch With Lynn interview with Coach Mechelle Canady- Phatabulous Magazine Columnist

Get ready for Press Pass a series of interviews with Tyler Perry’s Ruthless on BET+. Download the BeT+ app today and start watching the Ruthless series. Trust me it lives up to its name honey. The name says it all. Queen Connect publishing will release a series of interviews by columnist and editors of our magazines Phatabulous Duval Connect and Pasco Connect. We’ve teamed up with  Ruthless acts cares   Mercedes TV Magazine  to present a series of interviews with the cast of  Ruthless . This week stay tuned for a series of interviews with  Nirine S. Brown  who plays Lynn on the show. She is a triple threat in the industry not only has she made a powerful mark in acting she has a background in theatre and dance that’s landed her opportunities to work with Beyonce Coachella, Mary J Blige and many others. In these interviews Nirine discusses her route to the screen, working with Tyler Perry, some future roles she would like to play as well as the nuances of being black in the industry and